Duration: 3-hour workshop (includes a little networking time)
About the workshop:
Do you use the power of conflict and disruption for creativity and innovation in groups? Or are you conflict-averse and struggle with this? What would become possible for you and your clients if you could increase your level of tolerance for disrupting the groups you work with?
Let’s answer those questions and explore our attitudes, tools and behaviors when it comes to conflict and disruption in groups. We will do this while using a process designed to build groups' tolerance for high turbulence. The BRAVE ROUNDS process involves 7/8-people having iterative group discussions on a topic that matters. The process is designed to engage differences within a tolerable range of stress and invites candor, deep listening, truthful exchanges, and learning.
We will run a few Brave Rounds to experience the process first-hand, then we will debrief the experience and do a Q&A.
Afterwards, we will have time for open discussion and networking.
In this session, participants will:
· Learn about the process of BRAVE ROUNDS by experiencing three brave rounds on the topic of conflict and disruption
· Learn why conflict and disruptions in groups are more likely to create high-cost to morale, productivity, and work relationships, rather than driving creativity and innovation.
· Understand why people often hide their true feelings and conceal their opinions when talking in groups, and how to reliably increase candor in group exchanges for more productive group work.
· Become familiar with the conditions that turn conflict into an abundant source of creativity, progress and innovation for groups.
NOTE: This workshop will be recorded for distribution to all who register (breakout rooms will not be recorded).Speaker:
Adriano Pianesi is founder of ParticipAction Consulting and specializes in Leadership Development and Co-creative Change Design. He is an immigrant to the United States and an Italian-born Johns Hopkins Carey Business School adjunct professor. After 20 years as a manager in Fortune 500 companies he created ParticipAction Consulting Inc., (https://pianesi.com) a small business committed to helping clients solve problems with the power of co-creation. He is very excited about the change work he is currently doing in-person and virtually with the Institute for Global Tobacco Control, and with the Hopkins Innovation Lab.
ONLINE WORKSHOP REMINDERS
- No refunds or credits for registration cancellations.
- Registration closes at midnight the day before the workshop.
- Registered participants will receive instructions for joining the live session and any additional details 1 day in advance and the morning of the event. Please be sure to look for the link in your email.
- Workshops begin promptly at 12:00PM EST. Please log on at least 15 minutes in advance to ensure your internet connections, audio and other settings are functioning properly.
- MAFN Members have access to all online workshop recordings via the MAFN website.
- For registration or membership questions contact email@example.com.